- ANDREA : WE LEFT YOU MANY YEARS AGO WORKING IN RADIO IN MILAN : WHEN DID YOU DECIDE CREATE YOUR OWN RECORD LABEL ?
After several years as show producer and music selector in radio, it was a natural evolution to become A&R and to start participating in the creation of the tracks since the beginning.
- KARL8 : RESIDENT DJ @NIKKI BEACH AND PRODUCER OF PALMA DE MALLORCA : HOW DID YOU START YOUR BOTH CAREERS ?
I grown up in the radio stations of my parents in Italy so I started play with vinyls when I was 8 years old ,but my first real gig was in my hometown NYE party when I was 13.
When I was 10 year old they gave me a Roland S10 sample, and it all begun
- ANDREA & KARL : WHERE DID U MEET AND WHY THE DECISION TO PRODUCE TOGETHER ?
We met several years ago, we released a couple of productions together. Then we pursued kind of parallel careers working on mutual projects and remixes remaining always in touch and, as music has several paths, we crossed into each other again 2 years ago and we decided to start a production team.
- ANDREA : WHAT IS YOUR MOST SUCCESSFUL RELEASE AS PRODUCER OR REMIXER EVER ?
I have 2 records I’m very proud of :
1 The remix I made of Black Eyed Peas – Don’t Phunk With My Heart personally approved by Will.i.am
2 Wisdome – Off The Wall released on Positiva in 1999, a re-work of the famous song by Michael Jacckson.
- KARL : THE BEST PLACE TO DJ IS :
Nikki Beach of course !
I love the Nikki Beach concept, but the thing that I love most is to make daytime party, every day is unique, special and perfect to celebrate life!
- RECENTLY YOU HAD TOGETHER A COUPLE OF PRODUCTIONS IN THE TOP 10 OF TRAXSOURCE: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT GOAL?
We want to become the kings of reggaeton in Porto Rico… LOL
No everyone understands house music
We are focussed on producing the music we love and we play in our DJ set
- KARL : CAN YOU GIVE A COMMENT ON THE ACTUAL SPANISH DANCE MARKET ?
First of all we must distinguish the mainland from the balearic islands
Spanish market at the moment is focused on 3 main genres : EDM, Reggaeton and Trap
The radios are still playing the long tail of EDM , Reggaeton is everywhere and Trap luckily is for the youngester only.
The balearic mood is quite different, both Ibiza and Mallorca are closer the the English, German and Scandinavian trends. EDM is not the main genre anymore, the BPM are going down and the is a revamp of the real house music, and we cannot be happier than that
- WHAT ARE YOU BOTH DOING IN YOUR FREE TIME ? ANY HOBBIES?
Last winter we planned to attend at the golf course here in Mallorca, but we definitely missed the target… too many productions to complete and projects to follow.
Actually we can’t complain at all, music has been main part of our lives since ever, so what is better than having your passion as job?
- ANDREA- KARL : WHAT ARE YOUR MUSICAL ROOTS ?
Andrea: I grown up in a family listening to Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Debussy and jazz icons as Duke Ellington Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker then eventually I discover Moroder
Karl8: I studied piano for 5 years, I love funky music
- YOUR FIRST RELEASE WITH US « I CAN DO MAGIC » IS NOW OUT , JUST ENTERED THE TOP 30 (or better reached the top10 🙂 SOULFUL CHARTS @TRAXSOURCE, AND WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER ONE SOON YOUR REMIX OF THE MESSENGERS FEAT LISA MILLETT….DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER SURPRISE IN THE PIPELINE FOR PURPLE MUSIC ?
At the moment we are working on several ideas, for the next one we’d like to do a collaboration with a big name of house music scene.
Stockemerbergstrasse 34 • Ch 8405 Winterthur - Switzerland
TEL. +41 (0) 52 212 22 38 • FAX +41 (0) 52 212 22 39