Tuesday, 23 May 2023
- Jamie : tell us what’s going on @ Purple Music?
The post covid era is a new challenge for sure.We are still working with our top Artists who joined us more than one decade ago but also open the door for new talents who need to be discovered and powered. As always our motto is still : » quality not quantity «
- What are the forthcoming news at Purple Music ?
Catching new talents from all over the world we always was and are a label that releases different artists and talents.
We never start the label to release only my own productions.
All the big things will happen anyway without planning them as it always has been at purple music.
- what’s next Jamie Lewis productions?
I never plan who or what is next during all these years i have always listened to my feeling
- Where can we dance with your live sets this summer ?
Italy, Turkey, Albania, Greece , Switzerland ….
- What’s the best way for you to relax?
Watching Little House on the Prairie Series all day long
- How do you see the new generation and the music?
Unfortunately it’s difficult to create a music culture nowadays …..
- in 2017 you have been nominated at the Music Awards for the best engeneering Album non classical Hit’n Run by legendary PRINCE: what’s your memory about it ?
The Grammy Nominations is an unforgettable unique and precious time of my life and as producer a great achievement ! After so many years in business i never felt that I still can learn so much working with Prince and im so thankful he choosen and trusted me and purple music … I will never forget Prince and all the moments hanging out with him and worked hard may he rest in peace.
i feel blessed I had this unique opportunity to live such an experience!!
- How did you manage your 3 decades dj & producer life, travelling, spending a lot of time in the studio with you dad & husband role ?
My daughter Noemi was born in 2007 and since then the day job became also night non-stop 24/7 because I was so happy that the extra energy that I needed to handle all moments came automatically and yes it was not easy but I made it, and also in the family i prefer the «quality time » and my wife helped me a lot to not miss her most important life moments as a child.
- Do you love mathematic ?
Yes of course ! Jamie Lewis x Jamie Lewis+wife+daughter+dog+PurpleMusic+Friends=Family 100%
- Tea of coffe ? Sea or mountain ? black or white ?
Coffe (espresso without sugar Lol) Mountain, Purple of course !
Friday, 28 October 2022
- ALFRED AZZETTO : After almost a decade from the first club stormin release COLORS is back on Purple Music.
What can you tell us about these brand new versions ?
Hello everybody Colors marked a great musical era and coming back on Purple Music after years with new Remixes makes me very happy and honored, I received a lot of messages of appreciations
- ALFRED what do you think about the resumption of music and post-covid clubs in Italy?
Not an easy question as far as Music is concerned, I have remained faithful to my sound of course with more current sound elements… the problem remains the Clubs which are currently fewer and fewer … we hope soon for a return to normalcy in all senses
- What projects are you working on?
I have several projects in the pipeline , many ideas but sometime there is no desire to exploit them also considering the market trend … I have a couple ones suitable for Purple Music so we will continue our collaboration
- Music for the new generation in three words :
I do not express myself .
- Your typical day :
Wake up early in the morning … walk for about an hour and a half then breakfast , after checking email becomes a job now too then I also love cooking and I dedicate myself to shopping and then to cook. Of course I dedicate a few hours to music in the studio too
- Do you have a work team to collaborate with for your studio productions or do you prefer to work alone?
I usually start ideas on my own then I always have the collaboration of colleagues and friends (Glenn Loopez aka Disco Kool – Andrea Baxx aka Glitter Sisters – DJ Fopp – Raffaele Sica) and others depending on the type of Song
- Which places are your favorites at the moment?
I have traveled all over the world for years, finding fantastic clubs where a DJ like me is at his best to express his emotion with music at the moment in Italy there are few who offer the real Club …
- Over two and half decades in the music world : your three projects par excellence ?
Undoubtedly DB Boulevard- Point Of View – Alfred Azzetto feat Geneive Allen – Colors (Are Forever) – Alfred Azzetto feat Vincent Valler – Pianissimo
- How has Alfred Azzetto evolved in the last two decades?
Let’s say that technologically you must necessarily update yourself then with digital event is an obligation
- Who would you like to collaborate with in the future?
I miss a collaboration with Jamie Lewis… what do you think wouldn’t be a bad idea…
Thanks a lot for interview
Monday, 18 July 2022
- How did you choose your artist name?
Hi! My artist name is actually very simple, and I did not have in mind any special other artistic names to choose from when I started my first productions. I did not like my normal name and surname so I chose one that I liked, closer to my first name Dino (Din) + J (Jay) from Jockey.
- We know you live in one of the Italian paradises: Ostuni (Puglia). What do you like more of this place?
Sure! My Ostuni here in southern Italy is really a great place in which to live, it’s a very small town but it’s very special for everyone, thanks to its good food, cultural traditions, and especially in the summer it turns into a fantastic city, with its seaside, tourists, and for me it’s a great chance to play as a DJ in many music events, clubs, happy hours, and to meet new nice people on my way.
- When did you start to produce and why?
All has started when I was 18-19 years old, with a great passion especially for the real house music, soulful, diva vocal house etc. When I was younger, in the previous years at school, I was used to listen to many classic house records that I loved so much, from Frankie Knuckles, Marshall Jefferson, Full Intention, The Shapeshifters, Bob Sinclair, Satoshie Tomie, Louie Vega and David Morales. When I discovered their music for the first time, my interest for this genre of music will start to become stronger and stronger. Then I discovered also your legendary label PURPLE MUSIC with stellar and countless releases from Michelle Weeks, Cerrone, Jamie Lewis, David Penn, Anthony Romeno and many more. I discovered it at my school parties, where many DJ’s played many of these superb records there. So after that, thanks to my passion, I first started my musical journey into music production, with now a great setup for producing music and more skilled and talented after various years in the game.
- In between your many productions on great record labels such as Quantize, King Street, Pornostar, Duffnote: which one has been the most successful one?
Many thanks for appreciating my music and releases! I actually love all of those releases and labels, I’m very happy to have signed some of my tracks on such great labels, it’s an honor for me and I hope to keep up the good work!
I’ve also added the legendary PURPLE MUSIC to my list, so I can’t be happier than ever!
- You’re on board on PURPLE MUSIC now with “HONEY”, “FEEL THE HEAT” and “DON’T LOOK ME OUT”. Can you tell us more about your inspirations for these three productions?
As I’ve said in the previous answers, my real soul, spirit and attitude when I start a new production is the real house music genre, with a great vocal on a great arrangement. So for these 3 tracks, I wanted to create something emotional and suitable to the label of my dreams (PURPLE MUSIC), I’ve spent some good efforts to produce these tracks, I was very satisfied with the final result at the end, so I immediately sent them to the boss Jamie Lewis for check and my reaction to the first sign was amazing and almost I couldn’t believe that!
- DISCO, FUNK or HOUSE sound?
DISCO and HOUSE at the same time!
- How is your typical day?
It’s always with a thought: the music! From the morning to the night I spend a lot of hours by listening to music with my phone and earbuds on Traxsource, Beatport or Spotify to find new inspirations for my next productions! Outside or inside my house or studio, it doesn’t matter! 😊
- Can you tell us what are the next studio highlights?
I have soon some great projects on Quantize Recordings label by DJ Spen, a featuring with Laura Jackson singer on Soulstice Music, great Italian label by Mark Di Meo, on Launch Entertainment American label by Gladys Pizarro, Blockhead Recordings and another featuring with the legendary producer, artist and vocalist Ron Carroll plus some other projects, just to name a few!
- Are you also DJ’ing or more focused on music productions?
Sometimes I’m playing as DJ, but I’m more focused on music productions for sure!
- PURPLE MUSIC = ?
PURPLE MUSIC = Where the spirit of real HOUSE reigns!!!
Friday, 06 August 2021
- WALTERINO in the past months you have been more prolific than even : what are the productions you are more proud of ?
Certainly the collaboration with Jamie Lewis for « Cosmic Funk » and all my productions with The Dukes…
- We saw that you are promoting a very nice beach party : tell us something about it
I m working together with TerrazzaMare of Jesolo in Italy since 3 years now a real beach club on the seaside where we had international guests like Adam Port….our musical range goes from Afro House,’House &Deep House…including many releases by Purple Music of course
- What projects are „boiling in the pot“ ?something for Purple Music ?
Danny Losito »Falling In Love »,produced by The Dukes that will include a remix by another main Purple Music family member Da Lukas !
- What will happen this summer ?
I hope all clubs can re-open really soon and people can dance again! This is a need and a hope all of us have … in the meantime i m collaborating with some dinners clubs :Villa Vittoria(Firenze),Cristo(Brescia),Sand(Sottomarina) & TerrazzaMare of Jesolo …
- Many productions of yours are in collaboration with THE DUKES : what are the main success you had together ?
The Dukes is a project created by myself and Keller as eclectic producers including remixes of other musical genres too ,we have big projects coming out… but we cannot reveal you yet
- How the pandemic changed your life? sleep herbal remedies ark-nova.ch/temesta-rezeptfrei/ horse pharmacy online
It brought me to the Studio ,where i was able to vent my creativity… and i think you saw it !!
I have been very happy to see that many of my new releases where charted by famous dj collegues in high positions charts in various house music genres (not pop music i want to specify it)
- which is a golden rule to have in the family with teenagers?
My rule has always been : communication& explaination : if there are mistakes there is always a possible solution ! But i can ‘t complain really my 3 boys are quite and cutes ☺
- Unfortunately we have recently lost another Icon of the music and international enternaiment when you think about Raffaella Carra’ what adjectives would you use to describe her?
Eclectic, unique, spectacular !!
- WALTER& the Sport
The whole world knows that my great passion is swimming !
I m »living » in the swimmingpool since 40 years , first as an athlet and now as trainer , i teach with some collegues a team of about 100 boys in different ages l’Antares Nuoto of Castelfranco Veneto in Treviso. Swimming is my own SPA ….my mind and body antistress ….and my boys are very special they give me always big satisfactions and a good mood
- Tell us a secret : are you able to cook ?
Not …. but i am the nr 1 to eat !! LOL
Friday, 06 August 2021
- The Dukes : who is behind this artist nickname ?
The project the Dukes are two friend, italian’s djs & producers who are collaborating together since the past 2 decades for Airplane Records and releasing productions for other recordlabels like Purple Music, Purple Disco Record ,(from which Walterino is actually the A&R), Midnight Riots,Nervous,Tiger records etc. With the pseudonym Plaster Hands ,Keller with his historical collabratos Tommy Vee & Mauro Ferrucci ,produces for labels like Armada,GlitterBox,Flashmob and many more…
- Which are the most important successful productions you did with Walterino ?
The remix of Jamie Lewis & Michelle Weeks “the Light ” for Purple Music and the whole Walterino album project and gonna have soon exciting news too….
- The dukes is more Dj or producer oriented ?
Let’s say that our main job is to be djs but we love to spend a lots of time in the studio too
- THE DUKES : How did your collaboration start ?
We know eachother since more than 20 years….we are friends, so in a certain way everything start very spontaneaously as we have always shared a big passion for the music
- The most important thing in life is
is and will always remain the Family…. All the other things come after it
- The typical THE DUKES day :
Wake up early in the morning …while Walterino goes into the swimmingpool as trainer during the day i m music producer and technical director @ Radio Stereocitta’….
- How did the pandemic change your life ?
We thought that our health and the health of our relatives is very important and that unfortunately everything can change very fast so we have to be always ready for changes in the social and the professional life too
- How would you describe Raffaella Carra’ personality?
Immense,Icon, &e ternal.
- If you could live in another country/city where it would be and why ?
We would like to live in New York, where the Hip Hop was born (one of our favourites genre)
- Forthcoming projects ?
A lot of collaborations with great producers and respected labels… and we hope to be out really soon from this pandemic situation to go back to the floor and dance… we are missing our crowd a lot !
cramps remedies calciomercato-milan.it/acquista-lidocaine/ herbal clean qcarbo